Text to Win VIP Tickets for Fair Saint Louis/Celebrate St. Louis Summer Concerts Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCEPT RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA, NEW YORK, AND RHODE ISLAND ARE NOT ELIGIBLE), AND 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS APPLY. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED, OR CONDITIONED BY LAW.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering the Text to Win VIP Tickets for Fair Saint Louis/Celebrate St. Louis Summer Concerts Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined below) and its agents in connection with the Sweepstakes, which decisions are final.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes entrants and prize recipients must at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below) be legal residents of one of the states of the United States or the District of Columbia (except residents of Florida, New York, and Rhode Island are not eligible). Entrants must be aged eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to enter or win prizes in the Sweepstakes: (a) any person who on or after May 1, 2011, was or is an employee of The Fair Saint Louis Foundation (the “Sponsor”) or a director, officer, employee, agent, or independent contractor of Sponsor or any of its affiliates or any entity retained by Sponsor for the administration of the Sweepstakes; (b) any individual who is engaged in the development, production, or distribution of Sweepstakes materials or the supply of prizes for the Sweepstakes; and © any person who is an immediate family member (defined as spouse, IRS dependent, or biological, step-, or adoptive mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son, and each of their respective spouses) of, or who resides in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories. Sponsor will make the final determination as to whether an entrant is eligible to take part in the Sweepstakes. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, restricted, or conditioned by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes between 12:00:01 a.m. CDT on June 1, 2011, and 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on June 28, 2011, or, earlier, once Sponsor has received 10,000 entries (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and Sponsor will keep the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Entries received after the Sweepstakes Period will not be valid. Sponsor reserves the right to end the Sweepstakes at any time, in its sole discretion.
4. How to Enter: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by submitting a text message entry or an online entry, as set forth below:
(a) TEXT MESSAGE ENTRY: Send a text message during the Sweepstakes Period to *521 with the keyword “FAIR” and your email address in the body of the message. Only entries sent to the designated short code and containing the correct keyword and a valid email address shall be eligible. You may receive text messages from Sponsor confirming receipt of and providing updates regarding your entry and the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent from or received by your handset according to the terms in your individual calling plan with your cellular telephone provider, and Sponsor will not add any additional charge for entries by text message. You must have a text message capable telephone and digital service to enter using the text message method. Text messaging is not available in all markets and may not be available through all carriers. If any dispute arises as to the identity of any entrant, the entrant shall be considered the Authorized Account Holder of the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or is shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on the cellular provider’s records for that number. Limit ONE (1) text message per entrant per day/Limit ONE (1) text message per Authorized Account Holder per day.
(b) ONLINE ENTRY: Access www.celebratestlouis.org during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions for entering the Sweepstakes by registering for the Fair Saint Louis weekly e-newsletter.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion and at any time to disqualify any entry which, in Sponsor’s opinion, does not comply with these Official Rules.
6. Prizes and their Retail Value: Each of seven (7) winners will receive a pair of VIP tickets to the Fair Saint Louis or Celebrate St. Louis Summer concert of his or her choice. Currently-scheduled concerts are: Steve Miller Band on July 2, 2011, Maroon 5 on July 3, 2011, Montgomery Gentry on July 4, 2011, Bell Biv DeVoe on July 15, 2011, Gavin DeGraw on July 16, 2011, Keb’ Mo’ on July 22, 2011, and Barenaked Ladies on July 23, 2011. Artists and concert dates are subject to change. A VIP ticket entitles the holder to a reserved seat in the VIP section of the designated concert. VIP tickets are transferrable but not replaceable.
These events are open to the general public without charge. VIP tickets entitle the holder to utilize a segregated seating area. These tickets are not for sale but are made available to entities that have made donations to assist in funding the events. Therefore, these tickets do not have an actual retail value.
7. Random Drawing/Odds of Winning: On or about June 30, 2011, seven (7) entries will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Drawing”). Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose entries are so drawn will be declared the winners. The Drawing will be conducted by a designated representative of Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Limit ONE (1) prize per household; however, entrants may submit multiple entries, subject to the restrictions set forth in Section 4 above, and have multiple chances to win.
8. Notification of Winners: Following the Drawing, each potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via email on or before June 30, 2011. Notification messages will contain information about any required verification procedures and instructions for how the potential winner, once verified, may obtain his or her tickets. Opting out of Sweepstakes-related emails or text messages during the Sweepstakes Period may result in the disqualification of your entry. Winners will be required to pick up tickets and will be required to submit identification and to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver. Except where prohibited by law, any winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use the prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. All potential winners are subject to verification, including without limitation verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and completion of release forms.
Noncompliance by any potential winner with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. If a potential winner fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirements in these Official Rules, declines to accept the prize, or is ineligible for any other reason, he or she may be disqualified and Sponsor may but is not obligated to designate an alternate winner from among the eligible entries. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls, emails, or other communications made to entrants or potential prize winners by persons or entities other than Sponsor. Potential winners are not official winners until their eligibility has been formally verified by Sponsor.
9. Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Fair St. Louis, Independence Day Foundation, Fair Saint Louis Volunteers, Celebrate Saint Louis, Veiled Prophets of Saint Louis, LTD, Fair Saint Louis official sponsors (including and without limitation Anheuser Busch/INBEV), the United States of America, the City of St. Louis, the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial National Historic Site, the U.S. Department of Interior and the National Park Service and their respective officers, directors, employees, members, volunteers, agents and representatives, affiliates, agents and representatives from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors, transmission defaults, delays, congestion, or interruptions related to computers, software, servers, wireless networks, or telephone or network lines; © computer server or wireless network failure and/or delayed, garbled, or corrupted data transmitted by entrants; (d) printing or typographical errors; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) late, lost or undeliverable mail, email, text messages, or other communications; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person or entity it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person deliberately to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
11. Disputes: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event shall attorneys’ fees be awarded; and © under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these rules shall be instituted only in federal or state courts located in the State of Missouri, City of St. Louis, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained therein.
12. Sponsor: The Fair Saint Louis Foundation, 301 Prospect Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63110.
13. Winners’ List/Official Rules: To request a Winners’ List (available after June 30, 2011, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a written request to: The Fair Saint Louis Foundation, 301 Prospect Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63110. Please specify “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules” on the outer envelope. Requests must be received by July 30, 2011.